In my last blog post I talked about New Year’s resolutions (新年の抱負).
Recently I have been teaching my students some useful phrases for talking about future hopes and goals (希望と目標）:
↓ I hope to…/I would like to…
↓ I want to…
↓ I am going to…/I plan to…
↓ I will…
Here are some example sentences:
- I would like to go shopping this morning.
- I hope to take a vacation this month.
- I really want to finish my project today.
- I am going to watch a movie this weekend.
- I am planning to go to Osaka next week.
- I will study hard this year.
For New Year’s resolutions the negative phrase (否定文) “I won’t…” (will not) is also useful. For example, “This year I won’t eat so much junk food”.